Kingsway Christian Church is a place made up of people who strive to become more like Jesus.
Our entire story as followers of Jesus is built on the foundational truths of God’s Word, the Bible. Kingsway is driven to faithfully align both our personal and corporate living with God’s Word in all we are becoming and doing.
Our Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself speaks with final authority concerning truth, character, conduct, and the loving purpose of mankind, and is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
While the following statements represent the major areas where we stand on important doctrines of faith, we also understand that there are many lessons in God’s word. We consider the following the primary doctrines that are essential for us as followers of Jesus Christ. It is our intention to approach all of these issues with the understanding:
- Where the Bible speaks, we speak; where it is silent, we are silent. Because of this, we choose not to engage in senseless arguments on areas where the Bible is silent.
- In essential beliefs, we strive for unity; in matters of opinion, we allow freedom; and in all things, we show love.
Our unity is built upon several vital biblical teachings:
Both the Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God, sufficient for our knowledge of salvation and godly living – “a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.” (Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
There is One True Living and Eternal God, Author and Creator of everything, and reveals Himself as a Trinity in unity: The Father, The Son,
- The Father - The Father is driven with an undying love to redeem mankind. He is good, just, holy, all-powerful, and knowing. (Genesis 1:1-31; Psalm 103:19; Mark 10:18; Luke 1:37; 2 Thessalonians 1:6; 1 John 4:8)
- The Son - The grace of God is fully expressed through Jesus. Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the virgin Mary, lived a perfect sinless life, was crucified and buried, and on the third day, he rose again
andnow intercedes for His Church guaranteeing all who trust in Him in this life will also be raised to eternal life one day. (Isaiah 7:14; John 3:16; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Colossians 1:15)
- The Holy Spirit - Man’s fellowship and relationship with God is possible through the Person of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and offers the gift of Eternal Life through the finished work of Christ on the cross. He indwells believers and gives them new life in Jesus; He distributes spiritual gifts for the edification of the church and the proclamation of the Gospel. (John 16:8-11; 1 Corinthians 12:4-14; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Romans 8:9)
Forgiveness and Salvation
Every Human being, apart from Jesus Christ, has sinned and fallen short of God’s perfect standard for holiness. Forgiveness of our sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. Because of the finished work of redemption of Christ on the cross each person can be forgiven of their sins and live a victorious life. Those accepting Christ must repent of their sin and confess their faith in Christ alone. We are saved by grace through faith. (Romans 3:10, 3:23, 6: 23, 5:8, 8:1, 10:9-10, 10:13; 1 John 1:9; Ephesians 2:8-9)
All who believe the message of the gospel, repent, and confess Christ as Lord and Savior will be baptized (Romans 6:1-5). The word baptism literally means “to be immersed”. In the book of Acts, those receiving Christ by faith were almost always immediately baptized as a response to the gracious gift of forgiveness and new life (Acts 2:36-39, 8:12-13, 8:34-39, 9:18, 10:44-48).
The body of Christ that serves His purpose here on earth, summarized by Jesus as: Loving God and Loving Others by making Followers of Jesus from all nations. (1 Corinthians 12:27; Romans 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31; Colossians 1:18; 1 Peter 2:9; Ephesians 1:22, 2:19-22, 4:1-16, 5:23, and 29-30).
Humanity and the Sanctity of Human Life
Every person has worth as a creation of God, made in His image, but “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Genesis 1:26, 27 & 31; Romans 3:23). Since every human was created by God in His image, all human life is sacred. (Psalm 139)
Marriage, Sexuality, and Gender
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 5:2) We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one biological man and one biological woman, and that sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that marriage covenant (Genesis 2:24; Ephesians 5:25).
Jesus Christ will one day return for his followers, spending eternity with them and reigning as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Those who have rejected His free offer of forgiveness and salvation will be eternally separated from Him and the goodness of His eternal life. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 17:14)
If you want to learn more about what it means to follow Jesus or perhaps you have questions about Kingsway specifically, we would love to talk with you! Please send us an email here.